WHAT IS MY NY-MVAIC
I am a pedestrian or cyclist that was hit by a car
- hit and run accident
- driver did not bother to stop at all
Does new york look out for me?
- Yes – under MVAIC
- Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC)
- this is a very-last resort state funded policy
Who qualifies for MVAIC:
any accident victims who is a:
- resident in New York; and
- has no access to any vehicle insurance
Who does not qualify for MVAIC?
- driver of an uninsured vehicle
- passenger in an uninsured vehicle
How does MVAIC help me?
- pays for your treatments
- treatment is covered up to $50,000.00
Will new york’s MVAIC pay for my:
- pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment of life?
MVAIC covers new york state minimum liability coverage:
- $50,000.00 for 2 or more persons/accident
Must I file my claim within a certain time?
- Absolutely- YES
Victim must file the following [in time or loose]:
- file a police report within 24 hours;
- file not-fault application form within 30 days of accident;
- hit-and run: file a notice of intention form within 90 days
- hit-and run: file a household affidavit form within 90 days
- identified vehicle- file a notice of intention form within 180 days
Evidence for a successful MVAIC claim:
- filed police report on the date of the accident
- signed and notarized notice of intention form (NOI)
- signed and notarized household affidavit (HHA)
- proof of residency-must show address- on date of accident
- proof of no other available insurance -signed affidavit
Why call Your-Personal Injury Lawyer today?
- Our experience over the years serves you with:
- expertise to build the strongest claim-case
- to get the settlement you deserve.
Call 646-666-1568 or schedule a zoom conference today.